Friday, September 5, 2008

A Gift for Someone Special


A pair of Rose Quartz earrings and ring for her... in a handmade double-decker box (idea is from a mooncake box)...

Her last day was on 31st May this year. She was counting her days towards her optional retirement. Most of us were happy for her but some of us didn't want her to leave. She is such a lovely woman who has touched many hearts, apart of her students and few of her colleagues, she touched mine...

She was on leave when I got to know her from her colleague, Ms K. I guess I know her workstation better than her in person. I was given her workstation to be my workstation temporarily when I joined the institution. I heard from a couple of colleagues that she is a very, very, very nice person. And from then on, each day, I couldn't wait to meet her in person. I saw her finally when she had to be back to complete some documents and I had the chance to thank her personally for allowing me to 'squat' at her workstation while waiting for another colleague to vacate hers. She did not fuss and generously told me to make her workstation like mine...

When her leaves ended, she had to report herself to be back to work. I got a new workstation which was, well, most of the time facing her back. I loved to talk to her, especially to seek her advice on her expertise - grammar! I loved so much to listen to her explanations given on the technicalities of English language, simple and sweet. And of course at the same time, we were counting the days together for the day to call her optional retirement day.

A week before the day, we had lunch at a Chinese restaurant at Old Klang Road. Some of her students joined the lunch and sang her a beautiful song. She was so touched that her eyes welled. We had a good lunch and a dessert, which is her favourite carrot cake. It is indeed both a sad and glad gathering that day.

Now, I am back to her workstation again. Most of the time, in the mid of hustle and bustle at Level 4, I would be thinking of her and look at the things she has left behind for me...
To you, Madam LBY, I miss your laughter and smile. I wish to have learnt more from you of your knowledge and experience in the field we share when you were still at Level 4. Wherever you are, I wish you all the best and best of health...

2 comments:

Hemant Saluja said...

Hi!


This is a very interesting site for every person. It's looking so nice. I need more information this site.


===================================
Hemlata
look4ward

Tourmaline Jo Bear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.