Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 & 2009

Time flies.
Another 4 hours, we will be ushering 2009.
To me 2009 equates a new set of challenges, not to mention if most of them are obstacles,
Shouldn't have felt pessimistic...

2008
equated a few new phases/foundations which existed in my life,
has taught me valuable lessons,
has opened new opportunities for me to explore,
has made me a better person...

2008
i have read more books than before,
made more new friends and met many old mates,
seen my beloved students doing well in their next phase of life,
started blogging and facebooking...

2008
a traditional wedding ceremony,
a honeymoon in Taiwan,
addressing his family who are also mine...

2008
has added more knowledge and experience to my job
has accepted a variety of tasks in my career
(sounded more like missions: impossible, but made possible)
has made me older and more mature (?) at the workplace...

2008
has given me heartaches
my beloved student passed away in an accident
i fell on the field with injuries that lasted for 4 months
disasters after disasters happened locally and globally...

2009
people around expecting me to have a bundle of joy
people around expecting me to get a another degree
people around put high expectations on me

i'm not sure what to expect tomorrow when i open my eyes after a slumber. but what i know is life goes on... it's up to me to make it better, meaningful and worthwhile. it's a choice to make, for better or for worse...

Happy New Year 2009!

No comments: